State Agency for Tourism under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic was established in accordance with the Order of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic dd April 21, 2007 , No 141.
1. State Agency for Tourism under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic (further Tourism Agency) is an executive authority, administrative agency running regulatory functions, implementation and pursuing of uniform public policy in the sphere of international (foreign) and domestic tourism.
Tourism Agency has the following goals:
- development of the machinery providing coordination of policy in the sphere of tourism at state and regional levels,
- keeping of unified state register for the entities engaged in tourism activities and tourism industry objects;
- establishment of a positive image for Kyrgyzstan as tourism state in traditional tourist markets of CIS countries and far abroad;
- promotion of artisan production and handicrafts development for the purposes of tourism development;
- determination and regulation of policy in the sphere of development of the market providing tourist, excursion, hotel and accompanying services, including control over entry and exit tourist flows;
- coordination of governmental and nongovernmental agencies in the sphere of control over tourism, private tourist organizations and tourism industry entities of various agency belonging and type of ownership;
- development of the concepts for governmental and national programs on tourism development.
Tourism Agency Management
Tourism Agency is run by the Director of State Agency on Tourism under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic appointed by the President of the Kyrgyz Republic at the suggestion of the Prime-Minister of the Kyrgyz Republic .
Tourism Agency includes:
- Tourist Information Centers;
- Regional Branches of Tourism Agency;
- Advertisement and Exhibition Centre;
- Training Center for Tourism Industry Personnel